Tuesday, August 14, 2012

FORMTASTIC!

I like to make and use forms...there it is. I was recently called "formtastic."   Some of my teacher friends like to make fun of me and all my forms...right after they ask me for a copy of them. :)  I was reminded of this by a couple of my teacher friends recently, so that is the inspiration for this post.
I am just adding a few of the forms I use at the beginning of the year to TRY to stay organized.

Each student takes home a daily behavior chart that the parents have to initial. I just add it to their homework folder.  This is a new chart that I want to try out this year.  We'll see how it goes!



When there is a behavior problem, I like to use a quick FORM (I know that is suprising!) to send in their folder for a parent signature.  This is great documentation! I always keep a few copies in my room.


Meet the teacher is always stressful.  You are still trying to prepare your room/lessons for the first day and you have a bunch of students and parents coming in to meet you and drop off  all their supplies!  I am usually too stressed to ask the important questions that I need to know.  On the first day of school, I just want to make sure the students all get home the right way, safely.  I leave this paper out for the parents to complete at meet the teacher.



I also like to keep a spreadsheet of all the important student information in one place.  I created this document to do that, but it's a lot of work to put all that information in there.  My husband, Paul (I like to call him super nerd) told me to just create a Google form and have the parents go to my classroom blog to get the link to fill it out. I don't know why I haven't done that in the past!  I'm so going to do that this year!  If you don't want to do the google form, here's the link for the old school spreadsheet. ;)



Sometimes at the beginning of the year, we have a lot of students who have a hard time remembering their lunch number. (especially the really little people!)  It really slows down the lunch line. I like to send this note home with their lunch number to practice with their parents.  It really helps!



This next form is one that I am asked to share a lot.  I have a classroom blog where I post pictures, activities and projects that we do in class.  The kids and parents LOVE it!  It is a great way to show parents what we are doing.  It also motivates the students to get more involved  in what we are doing in class.  Before I post anything on that blog, I always send home this note as a courtesy to parents. 





Here's a link to my classroom blog if you are interested in following what we are doing in class!


I hope that you find some of these forms useful this year.  I'm sure I will have more "formtastic"  forms to post throughout the year!

If you would like to view or use any other forms, I made A WHOLE PAGE dedicated to forms!!  So exciting....for me anyway!  Click the Formtastic Forms page above to view more forms.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of your hard work! I'm considering a classroom blog and the parent permission form is really helpful!!

    ReplyDelete